Old January 10th 12, 08:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

On 10/01/2012 16:58, Alistair Gunn wrote:
In uk.railway Lüko Willms twisted the electrons to say:
Am 09.01.2012 20:05, schrieb Alistair Gunn:
The most deaths, presumably, are in the Mediterranean Sea.
Those deaths being caused by EU border guards shooting people in the back
as they attempt to engage in "Republikflucht"?

Well, people have to overcome the border in any way. The cause of
their death is the big wall of Fortress Europe.

Noone *has* to cross any border ...

BTW, did you see this great film about the journey of two youngsters
from Afghanistan to London, where one of them lost his life in a
container on the way? It got a special price a number of years at the
Berlinale film festival. Unfortunately I can't remember the title of the
film.

Nope, though I'd question whether the UK was the first "safe" country
they reached if I was considering an asylum claim ...

There was an ECJ ruling recently saying Ireland and the UK couldn't send
non-EU people back to Greece, as Greece is not considered safe. Which
surely raises some interesting questions about the EU, if a member state
doesn't meet suitable standards:

google
http://www.independent.ie/national-n...n-2971176.html

--