Old February 19th 04, 05:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Any updates on Piccadilly Line services to Heathrow?

On 19 Feb 2004 07:12:10 -0800, (Boltar) wrote:

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
"Boltar" wrote in message
om...

I've been thinking that it would be less confusing if they
reversed the direction that trains go to T4 when T5
opens and the train terminates at T4. So all trains
initially go through T123 then diverge , half going to
T4 and there other half going to T5 so you';d have a
simple split on the line diagram. This would also mean
that someone who wanted to go to T4 but ended up
on a T5 train wouldn't have to go all the way back to
Hatton Cross.

But it *would* mean that someone who wanted to go to T5 but ended up
on a T4 train would have to go all the way back to Hatton Cross, which they
wouldn't under the current plan.

No , they'd just got back to T123. What I'm suggesting is

T5 ----\
\---T123--- Hatton cross ---
/
T4 ----/

but your proposal reverses the direction of the *single track* loop line
between T123 and T4. You are assuming that the train reverses at T4 and
goes back to T123. This would mean bi-directional working on a single
track line which would severely reduce the headway to T4.

I appreciate you can argue about whether to go clockwise or
anti-clockwise round the loop but it is too late to change things now.
--
Paul C