Old January 11th 12, 07:42 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe
Lüko Willms[_2_] Lüko Willms[_2_] is offline

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 11.01.2012 00:57, schrieb :

the U-Bahn that was in East Berlin when the city was divided.

I am interested in knowing about its operations, who the operating
authority was and development.

The U-Bahn was operated by the East Berlin BVB (I think that was
their name, different from BVG in the West), just like the trams and
buses; not different from Westberlin.

I already wrote about the Eastern extension of the now U5 to Hönow.

The now U2 was also extended unto Pankow-Vinetastraße. I can't tell
the former terminal station, since at this moment I can't get access to
my book on the Berlin U-Bahn.

Cheers,
L.W.