Old January 11th 12, 11:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Farewell To The Bendy Bus

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:56:08 +0000
David Cantrell wrote:
On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:32:12PM +0000, d wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:17:15 +0000
David Cantrell wrote:
Metz is a small town, you can't sensibly compare it to London.

Of course you can , its the size of the streets that matter , not the size
of the town.

Small town == not much traffic == not so many problems caused by
blocking junctions.

I never once saw a bendy bus block a junction. ISTM its just another myth
perpetuated by non bus users who didn't like them.

FYI I saw bendy buses navigating this street with little problem:

http://g.co/maps/spjnn

If they can manage to get around the old part of Metz there's no problem
with them getting around London.

Sure, just like they do in York. Where there's **** all traffic.

Whats traffic got to do with it? Either they block junctions and kill poor
innocent cyclists or they don't.

Well, apart from that nice Mr. Johnson making it part of his manifesto
and people voting for him. The mayor has basically no significant
powers over anything that matters to most people apart from transport,
so the transport part of his manifesto was the only important bit.

If you seriouly think the majority of people (including myself) who voted for
Boris did it because they didn't like bendy buses then you're an idiot.
I - as I suspect many others - simply voted for the buffoon to get rid if
that even bigger idiot Livingstone. Frankly I've yet to see a serious
candidate fielded for the london major. They're all been lightweights and
hasbeens from all parties.

B2003