Old February 19th 04, 08:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin Colin is offline

Default Talking Buses

"Gareth Davis" wrote in message
om...
(CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North) wrote

in message . com...

I was on one bus. Im not sure of the number. But was travelling from
Liverpool Street via City to Picadilly area and they have a screen
showing news and a program about underwater life. Surely this could be
used to display the next stop before you get there?

Service RV1 (Tower Gateway to Covent Garden via Southwark) displays
illustrated details of the next stop including transport interchanges
and tourist attractions on several LCD panels throughout the bus,
albeit in a silent fashion.

I've no idea how it works, but it does seem to do the job very well.

--
Gareth Davis

Yes - I was most impressed when I used the RV1 for the first time a few
weeks ago.

My Dutch friend was less impressed - she had seen them before somewhere. But
it was useful as I wasn't sure of the precise route it was going to take so
could work out the best place to jump off.

Colin