Old January 12th 12, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mack Mack is offline

Default Why isn't the 2009 stock walk through like the S stock?

On Jan 12, 3:34*pm, "Recliner" wrote:
"Mack" wrote in message.

Yes, that's certainly true. In fact, from the passenger point of view, I
don't think the 2009 stock is any advance on the 1967 stock, or even of
the superbly comfortable 1938 stock. I know it has some technical
advantages, like regen brakes and more advanced ATO, but it's less
comfortable and less reliable than the stock it replaced, without
providing any extra space.

At least the S stock is air-conditioned and has open gangways, even if
it's not really much of a revolution in other ways. Even the top speed
is no more than the A stock originally could do.

I dislike the 09ts. Victoria line was my local Tube when growing up so
I loved the 67ts. 09 just feels like an inflated knock off of a 95.

Still not keen on the S stock either.