Old February 19th 04, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Talking Buses

Tom Anderson wrote:
On 18 Feb 2004, Henry Nebrensky wrote:

More to the point, though, I suspect it's a lot more obvious to
everybody what the name of the bus stop should be. I've no idea what
the offical names for most of the stops I use are, beyond it's often
not the "landmark" I'd have chosen. Automated announcements only
help if the person giving you directions knew the name of the bus
stop...

To be fair, the names are on the bus maps.

No, they're not. I think you meant the bus *stops*.

--
Richard J.