Old January 13th 12, 11:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Why isn't the 2009 stock walk through like the S stock?

wrote in message

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:44:45 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
wrote in message

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:24:38 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
At 3078mm, Space Train is 436mm wider at waist height than existing

Over 3m wide wide??? Surely that can't be right. Thats wider than
UIC gauge. I can't believe they'd fit in the tunnels.

It's why the images show a near circular cross-section, taking
advantage of the tunnel shape.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephenk1977/108328170/

Hmm, I don't think I'd want to be leaning against those doors for
very long! LU would require chiropractors on standby at every station.

Probably ideal for backpackers to lean against.