Old January 14th 12, 12:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Martin Petrov[_2_] Martin Petrov[_2_] is offline

Default Kings Cross exhibition

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:09:31 +0000, John Salmon wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote
(plcd1) wrote:

Just announced by Network Rail
http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co.../KING-S-CROSS-

PASSENGERS-OFFERED-A-GLIMPSE-INTO-THE-FUTURE-198f.aspx

I'm confused. I thought I read that the new concourse opened just
before Christmas?

No, but bits of it are easily visible. The new main departure board
(visible from the barrier line for platforms 9 to 11) was working
yesterday; it is more 'conventional' than the one in the current
concourse, no longer having separate sections for FCC and main-line
services.

Coincidentally, I had some time to kill and was in the area so had a look
around, and there is an awful lot more to see now than last time I was
there.

It still looks a bit strange, with the new roof looking out of place
against the old building, so I hope it all comes together better.

You can see all the balcony etc and where the stairways are - it seems a
little cramped, but I guess it'll look much better when completed.

The area between St P and Kings X (further north of the new section) is
starting to look better though, and as the work carries on, there are
signs it will be a very busy neighbourhood.