Old January 14th 12, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Hammersmith Flyover to reopen to light traffic - BBC News

In article ,
() wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 15:34:09 -0600,

wrote:

In article ,

(Roland Perry) wrote:

In message , at
12:36:40 on Fri, 13 Jan 2012,
remarked:

Huntingdon viaduct already relies on extensive supplementary steelwork
to support it.

But why does it *need* the support? Is the underlying issue one of
salt corrosion.

I don't think so. I think it's to do with the quality of the original
concrete construction.

I don't think that it's just the concrete, it's a broader design
concept than that;

http://londonist.com/2012/01/will-so...wrong-with-the
-hammersmith-flyover.php

E&OE etc.

Thanks for the link to an interesting article (with a few errors picked up
in the comments) but I was referring to quite a different structure on the
A14.

--
Colin Rosenstiel