Old January 15th 12, 04:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe
Lüko Willms[_2_] Lüko Willms[_2_] is offline

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 14.01.2012 14:47, schrieb :
Lastly, as East Germany was part of the Eastern bloc, why did they not
eventually operate Soviet-built metro cars?

There were enough railway industry left in the GDR to build the cars
for their own needs, and even railway cars for the Transsiberian
railway. My trip on the Transsib (in 1988) was made in a car built at
Waggonbau Ammendorf in the GDR. I guess at least some of those are still
in use today.

Cheers,
L.W.