Old January 16th 12, 01:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Kings Cross exhibition

In message , at
14:31:45 on Mon, 16 Jan 2012, SteveL
remarked:
I think that the only really bad passenger flow at St Pancras is that
international arrivals passengers emerge at right angles into the
busiest walking route to/from the Tube station, along with a gaggle of
meeters and greeters standing around.

That's one of the three on my list. The other two a

The rush of international arrivals passengers flowing through the "room
of columns" and into the end of the western ticket hall, conflicting
with passengers making their way in the opposite direction.

The single escalator down from the Midland Mainline concourse. OK,
there's another escalator and a couple of lifts in the mid-distance, but
they are ignored by most passengers and are only of any use if your
destination is towards the western ticket hall.

iirc there's also only single escalators (and one lift) to/from the Kent
Domestic platforms, but they see fewer passengers there (until the
Olympics, perhaps).

(It's not ideal that arriving International passengers also have to walk
the entire length of the train, and further, then u-turn back. But it's
much the same as that at Brussels.)