Old January 20th 12, 02:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil  Williams is offline

Default S Stock

Got my first ride this morning, a few observations...

1. A pleasant atmosphere, but the aircon temperature could do with
being just that little bit colder.

2. A few badly-fitting panels - does this bode well for long term?

3. Acceleration wasn't any better than A-stock, albeit without the
jerks. Are they "toned down" in software to prevent overloading the
power supply? I was expecting something rather more like the Class
350.

4. The doors are nice and wide - but not quite wide enough for a
doubled-up flow. Maybe 6" wider would have done it...

5. Why not a "doors open on the left"/"doors open on the right"
feature? Would be useful.

Any other thoughts?

Neil