Old February 20th 04, 03:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default New Tax Discs

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:39:34 +0000, Greg Hennessy
wrote in :

That's the whole point, under the swiss system, one can move the plate
between every vehicle one owns. The function of the plate is to identify
the driver, and the driver can only drive one car at a time.

Not in my experience; I was told that a plate may only be swapped
between two different vehicles of the same insurance class. The plate
doesn't identify the driver, it more identifies the insurance -- if you
lay your bike up for the winter, you return the plate to the insurer for
safe-keeping (and a lower insurance premium) during the time it's
off-road. When I left Switzerland I had t return the plate to Zurich
Insurance, not the Aargau equivalent of DVLA.

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN