Old January 21st 12, 11:26 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

On 21/01/2012 11:27, Roland Perry wrote:
It means that customers have to acquire a new smartcard (electronic
purse or ticket wallet) for every different application. I know that in
theory there are "multi-product" cards, but I don't know of any examples
in the wild, and whether for example trying to load a bus pass onto a
library ticket is going to fall foul of red tape at the bus depot or
library.

My bus-pass is also my library card and works fine in both. Other
council "products" not relevant to me can also be loaded on it.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail