Old January 21st 12, 02:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default London Congestion Zone charge

In message , at 15:29:00 on Sat, 21 Jan
2012, Adam H. Kerman remarked:
I cannot wait for the day when everybody pays using DNA as identification.

Tatoos on your forehead, perhaps.

In the UK we talk about "Law Enforcement" to mean the way in which
people like the police ensure people obey the law by various means, but
primarily by the pursuit of offenders.

It's rather Big Brother-ish, isn't it. There's no privacy

Unless you pay cash, but that doesn't turn off the ANPR cameras.

and it's gotten easier and easier to track the movements of everyone.
The loss of privacy hasn't resulted in the prevention of crime,

It's difficult to be certain, because what might the crime rate have
grown to, without today's measures?

although it can aid in finding perpetrators after the fact when it's
too late.

It's supposed to be a deterrent. Although sending someone a $100 bill
for not stopping at a toll booth isn't necessarily "too late".