Old February 20th 04, 04:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Seanie O'Kilfoyle Seanie O'Kilfoyle is offline

Default LiThuanian cars

"Tony Wilson" tw wrote in message
Just a query... I often see foreign cars on the streets of London, but why
is it that the vast majority are from Lithuania?? I know there are

doubtless
Lithuanians in London, but there are certainly fewer than there are

French,
German, Dutch etc. and I would have thought they would be very unlikely to
bring a car here for a holiday.

So, what's it all about? Is there some import scam, or a trade in their
number plates to get around Congestion Charging, or what?

The Bulgarian reg's are the ones most used to get around the CONgestion
*TAX*

A little bit of Cyrillic alphabet and the (£50,000,000 per year of London
tax-payers money to run) OCR camera systems gets all upset

NICE !

Stick that up yer Junta, Mad Ken Living****e ! the commies were finally your
undoing, how very poetic