Old January 22nd 12, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Salmon[_6_] John Salmon[_6_] is offline

Default Oyster refund question

"Mizter T" wrote

And my recollection is that you did say in the past that you got the
Oyster bods to refund it to your bank account (though I'd be interested in
whether that was via a debit card refund or as a direct

payment into your bank account having given them the details - I'd assume
the former).

I've arranged (via the helpline) refunds to my bank account on two or three
occasions, and both methods have been used (i.e. sometimes they ask for sort
code + account number, other times for debit card number). I find the lack
of consistency surprising. Now that I'm aware of the OSI + timeout problem
which railway enthusiasts can encounter when hanging around the system, I
tend to buy a 'paper' travelcard instead in order to avoid the problem, as I
almost always reach the off-peak cap.

Is there any reason why the 'clock' can't be reset to zero when a journey is
linked to an earlier one at an OSI, or would that introduce too may other
problems?