Old January 23rd 12, 06:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Charles Ellson Charles Ellson is offline

Default Non-vehicle owner insurance (was: cashless tolls)

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 21:43:56 +0000, Neil Williams
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 19:16:38 +0000, Charles Ellson
wrote:
driving when not using their own vehicle. My own insurance used to
cover driving other vehicles (but not for damage to that other
vehicle) but that feature was dropped about 15-20y ago.

Mine still does.

Interesting. I have just had to dig out my insurance document to renew
the round thing displayed in the windscreen and I am again covered
for driving "a private motor car not owned by the Policyholder and not
hired" etc.; it was previously just for my own vehicle or any
substitute during repairs. Perhaps they put it back when they stopped
insuring me without limit (its now only 20M UKP) a few years back ?