Old January 23rd 12, 06:58 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Non-vehicle owner insurance

In message , at 17:59:22 on Sun, 22 Jan
2012, John Levine remarked:
US credit cards all suck because none of them include trip cancellation
insurance, like all UK cards do.

That's news to me! I've never heard of trip-cancellation insurance being
bundled with a UK credit card, although some bank accounts bundle
holiday insurance (which generally has exclusions for business travel)
and one of the benefits of such insurance is a limited amount of
cancellation insurance. But if you (eg) cancel because a relative died,
you'll find that failing to disclose the relative's medical history to
the insurers in advance will probably trigger an exclusion clause.