Old January 23rd 12, 04:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Stating prices at retail inclusive of taxes (was: E-ZPass, wasCharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?))

On Jan 23, 6:00*pm, "Paul Rigg" wrote:

Different sales tax rates apply to different goods in my state.

Not a reason not to include them in the price. My point was that if
customer X enters the shop, then customer Y enters the shop, and both
buy the same thing, both would be charged the same for it?

Neil