Old January 24th 12, 11:26 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

In message , at 16:32:22 on Mon, 23 Jan
2012, Stephen Sprunk remarked:
I knew you'd get there eventually.

Get there? I made that same point in the post you originally responded
to, which is why I didn't understand what point _you_ were making.

OK, to clear this up: you'll never get round-number pricing of $2 per
burger because the marketing people are in love with price points like
$1.99, and it's got nothing to do with sales tax. Burger prices in
tax-inclusive Europe often end in .99 too.

On the other hand, I am agreeing with you that quoting prices ex-tax in
the USA allows national advertising at a consistent price.