Old January 24th 12, 08:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Pat O'Neill Pat O'Neill is offline

Default Paying with cash

wrote in message
On 24/01/2012 04:16, Glen Labah wrote:
In ,
Roland wrote:

There are also millions of merchants who don't accept credit cards. And
plenty of folks in far flung countries who'll take dollars in cash.

I have heard that in Jamaica they prefer the US dollar, against the
Jamaican dollar.

People have told me you will actually wind up paying more in the US-dollar
equivalent if you decide to pay in Jamaican dollars.

One woman who recently visited the Carribean told me that she would pay
for something in US dollars, but get change back in EC dollars.

I tried to pay cash for a hotel stay in Manchester they didn't how to cope
with it.