Old January 25th 12, 09:35 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

On 24/01/2012 21:40, Neil Williams wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:35:23 +0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
wrote:
When berthing at a high-level platform, a trap door is lowered,
covering the steps in the vestibule.

Thanks.

What would you call it?

I don't think we'd have a name as we don't have any - the UK is all high
platformed, or for the rare low ones (not US low) there are usually
wooden steps left on the platform.

The only thing even vaguely like it is the retractable step on Metrolink
trams in Manchester, but I think the platforms are now all high so they
are unused now. All other tram systems in the UK are all low platform
with low floor trams.

Neil

Are there any low platforms in the UK now, besides heritage lines?