Old January 25th 12, 09:47 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

On Jan 25, 11:37*am, "
wrote:

I've seen those in Köln, on the city's pre-metro. I wonder if that
feature still exists in a number of city's with pre-metros.

The Koeln ones are more like the US ones described - the steps are
"inside" rather than "outside", if I recall. They "collapse" down
very quickly to the point I wondered if they caused accidents.

I think many cities with pre-metros just have low platforms throughout
so either permanent steps or low-floor trams. Certainly true of Den
Haag.

Neil