Old February 20th 04, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Mobile sofa - can anyone confirm?

Brian Blandford wrote:
Six weeks ago I saw a middle aged man driving a large sofa at about
20 mph turn into Oxford Street and go East towards Oxford Circus. It
has taken this length of time to convince myself that what I saw was
real. As it was dusk he had switched on the lighting which was a
large standard lamp tucked behind the sofa, illuminating all round as
it had the usual lamp-shade.

It was really really amusing.

Was I hallucinating?

Sometimes dreams are ever so real ... :-)

But wait - was this it?
http://www.castlemorpeth.gov.uk/morp...1?opendocument

Camelot were using it about a year ago in Morpeth, because a winning
ticket bought in the area has gone unclaimed. Perhaps it was a similar
stunt.

--
Richard J.