Old January 25th 12, 11:43 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Alistair Gunn Alistair Gunn is offline

Default E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

In uk.railway Colin Youngs twisted the electrons to say:
"Miles Bader" schreef
: [I'm not sure if it's connected, but Japanese CCs are also _much_
: stingier about extending credit past the end of the month -- you
: _can't_ just decide to pay off your card bill a bit more slowly if you
: realize you're a bit skint this month
Same in Belgium. When I get my monthly credit card bill, I must pay the
outstanding amount on the card in full. Each new month must start with a
zero balance.

Same in Austria. Confused my (ex)girlfriend a bit when her first credit
card statement arrived and there was no section saying "You must pay $EUROS
by $DATE".