Old February 20th 04, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Thomas Crame Thomas Crame is offline

Default Train-numbers on the LU

Lars Elmvang wrote in message .. .
Hi all

I am trying to find out which numbers go where.
So far I have this list, based on some lines:

Bakerloo: Possibly 2xx but not sure
Central: Don't know
Circle: 201-214?
District: 0xx (D-stock-trains) but what about the Wimbledon-Edgware Road
services?
East London: 171-176
Hammersmith & City: Don't know (unless it is 2xx above 214)
Jubilee: 3xx
Metropolitan: 4xx
Northern: 0xx
Piccadilly: 3xx
Victoria: 2xx
Waterloo & City: 201-204
Specials and engineering trains 7xx

How far "off-track" am I?
And can anyone expand the list?
For instance with service-specific numbers (ie. Olympia for District,
Uxbrigde/Ruislip/Rayners Lane for Piccadilly, Mill Hill East/High
Barnet/Edgware/City/Charing Cross for Northern and so on and so
forth...)

Thanks in advance!

Bakerloo are 200 to somewhere in the 240s.
The numbers sometimes relate to the stabling arrangements, for example
Bakerloo 241 is the London Road midday stabler.

The circle and H&C have a shared number series, I think.
The picc numbers were in the following series (in 1999):
250 - 257, 260 Cockfosters to Rayners Lane
261 - 267, 270 - 272 Cockfosters to Uxbridge
273 Spare at Acton Town (midday)
274 - 277 Northfields Midday Stablers
300 - 307, 310 - 317, 320 - 327, 330 - 337, 340 - 343 Cockfosters to
Heathrow
347 Acton Town Overnight stabler
351 - 357, 360 - 366 Arnos Grove to Northfields
371 - 373 Cockfosters Midday Stablers

When running an emergency timetable the picc runs Cockfosters to
Heathrow (400 series) and Acton to Rayners Lane (500 series). The vic
emergency numbering is in the 000s, and I think the district emergency
series is in the 300s.
I can't help with the others; I've never seen the bakerloo run an
emergency timetable and don't remember the central's series.