Old January 28th 12, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
SB SB is offline

Default Post Office Railway - mothballed?

On Jan 27, 12:15*pm, CJB wrote:
On Jan 27, 12:24*am, wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:21:10 -0800 (PST), Mizter T

wrote:

On Jan 26, 11:04*pm, "Peter Masson" wrote:

wrote

So, what is Mail Rail's ultimate fate, then?

It deserves a new use.

Could be used to help redistribute 'Boris bikes' to different docking
stations around central London.

(I only throw that in there for the potential amusement factor lest
Bozza finds himself racking his brain for a new use for it, and coming
up with that as his latest wheeze...)

Otherwise, rubber dinghy rapids.

I was musing that an underground Draisine line could be a tourist
attraction but hadn't the nerve to suggest it *but in company with
dinghy rapids what the heck.

For those who are unfamiliar with what a Draisine ishttp://www.bretagne35.com/uk/explore/sport-and-leisure/velo-rail-drai...
features a French one,there are a few others abroad and considering
the enthusiasm for old railways in Britain I find it surprising
something similar has never been done.

G.Harman

The Kiwis are supposed to be setting up the same kind of thing on the
Hamilton to/from Rotorua line. Also there is talk of doing the same on
the Stratford to Tahora line.

Not sure of the links though. Or even if the schemes got off the
ground STS (so to speak).

CJB

http://www.voxy.co.nz/lifestyle/rail...first/5/110281

http://railcruising.com/site/webpage...cruising-story