Old February 21st 04, 12:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Routemasters in Parliament.

David Boothroyd wrote:
In article ,
"Richard J." wrote:

"Earl of Ancram" is a courtesy title that Michael Kerr, who calls
himself Michael Ancram, is entitled to use as the eldest son of the
Marquess of Lothian.

All this is correct, but Michael Ancram's full name is
Michael Andrew Foster Jude Kerr Ancram. Kerr is not and never has
been his surname. The family name of the Marquesses of Lothian is
Ancram, and our Mike is heir to the Marquessate and so gets the
subsidiary Earldom of Ancram as a courtesy title (which he doesn't
use).

What's your source for that claim about his surname? There are a great
many websites that quote Kerr as the family name, including this one at
Burke's Peerage Scotland:
http://www.burkes-peerage.net/sites/...ERR-AZ-389.asp
Also, his daughters use the surname Kerr.

--
Richard J.