Old January 29th 12, 01:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Stating prices at retail inclusive of taxes

Robert Neville wrote:

" wrote:

I don;t see how that is possible, considering that neither of them are
on any contiguous territory with other parts of the United States.

Are there any underwater tunnels between islands in Hawai'i?

Even if there were, it wouldn't matter as it would still be one state. And of
course were talking about the Interstate Highway System...

Trivia question (no fair Googling the answer): What was the primary
justification/purpose of the Interstate Highway System?

Wasn't it originally a Department of Defence project, inspired by the
autobahn network in Germany?

Britain's motorway system was always the responsibility of the
Ministry of Transport. While it also served a number of military
sites, I believe this was incidental. I am not aware of any of the
network having been promoted for principally military reasons.