Old January 29th 12, 09:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Stating prices at retail inclusive of taxes

On 29/01/2012 20:12, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
wrote:

So, how do people in Hawai'i get to other islands without flying, then?
Are there ferries that carry cars or bridges of any sort?

There are no bridges between major islands.

Generally, people are flown via small planes and helicopters. Cars are
shipped as freight between islands. I don't believe there is any car or
truck ferry service, but someone will correct me.

You didn't ask about Alaska, but the same thing is true the Numerous
small planes fly people throughout the state. If one isn't travelling
in the Fairbanks to Anchorage corridor, generally, one flies. The
old gold mining settlement that became the state capital, Juneau,
generally requires Alaskans to travel by air to get there.

Any talks or projects for underwater tunnels between any of the Aleutian
Islands?