Old January 30th 12, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_2_] Basil Jet[_2_] is offline

Default Heathrow question

On 2012\01\30 11:22, d wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:52:03 +0000
Roland wrote:
In , at 10:33:12 on
Mon, 30 Jan 2012, Basil remarked:
There's a tunnel under the Terminal 5 Roundabout. It seems that hardly
anyone going to or from any of the terminals would use it, so I'm
wondering why it's there - but then you could also say the same about
the less substantial underpass beneath the Terminal 4 roundabout. Why
were they built?

It's the perimeter road. Likely to be used mainly by airport workers.

As a slight aside, there's a public road that runs past the end of the
runway at Gatwick. But woe betide anyone who stops there to watch the planes -
as we found out the police turn up in minutes and move you on with no messing
about. Seems a bit OTT since any terrorist who has a rocket launcher (which I
guess is what they're worried about) would do it from the nearby woods anyway
but I guess paranoia is the order of the day now.

Are you talking about here?
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=51.1458...6.3 8,,2,7.42