Old January 30th 12, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default Heathrow question

d wrote:

As a slight aside, there's a public road that runs past the end of the
runway at Gatwick. But woe betide anyone who stops there to watch the planes -
as we found out the police turn up in minutes and move you on with no messing
about. Seems a bit OTT since any terrorist who has a rocket launcher (which I
guess is what they're worried about) would do it from the nearby woods anyway
but I guess paranoia is the order of the day now.

The preferred location for lobbing things at the airfield used to be the hotel
carparks north of Heathrow, but they allowed industrial development on that side
of the field which kind of blocks the view.