Old January 30th 12, 11:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
redcat redcat is offline

Default TfL use of English

On 1/30/2012 7:10 PM, wrote:
On 30/01/2012 21:58, Paul Cummins wrote:
We were about to embark at Dover, when
(Offramp)
came up to me and whispered:

My favourite incomprehensible sign is on most TfL buses:
"..Do not speak to or distract the driver's attention..."

Which used to day "do not speak to the driver or distract his attention
while the vehicle is in motion"

In which case, how do you ask him to stop?

Ring the bell?

I adore signage in the UK. Getting off the LHR - MAN flight we met a
sign that read "Do not place fud here" So now we know LOL cats work at
MAN airport!

NYC has good ones: Near Washington Sq Park - "Unnecessary Honking
Prohibited"

By nearly every bus stop: "No Standing", also "No Strollers"

Public transportation signage is a culture like no other.