Old February 21st 04, 01:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Alek Alek is offline

Default Bus driver training?

Yes Dave G U are on the Money.
The entire reason for this type of vehicle was to facilitate the DISABLED
who were seriously disadvantaged in relation to using public Bus services.
The attitude of a sizeable number of persons in charge of Pushchairs is now
making it every bit as difficult for genuinely disabled people to use the
Bus service.
Our rule is equally simple,ONE occupied Buggy when the space is NOT required
for a WHEELCHAIR.
Commonsense,Safety,and the interests of EVERYBODY on the bus dictates that.
Posession of an Infant and Buggy is NOT carte blanche for selfish ignorant
behaviour either ON the Bus OR at the stop.
I for example will scan a stop as I approach and if,as is the norm,the Buggy
Pusher suddenly darts out from a shopfront or suchlike I will have NO
hesitation in stopping them in their tracks and making them join the Q
behind everybody else.
On rare occasions I have had to resort to using the Ferrylift to RAISE the
step in order to re-inforce this simple principle.
Commonsense is the key to safety and particularly where infants are
concerned.