Old February 2nd 12, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Oystercard zone extension

"jedy" wrote in message

I have a zone 2-4 weekly oystercard and need to travel into zone 1,
possibly by bus. I cannot find anywhere any information regarding how I
pay for this, all I know is zone extensions no longer exist and the TFL
website is utterly useless with it's information. Can someone shed some
light?

Easy one first, your Zones 2-4 travelcard already works as an all zone bus
pass. To use any tube, rail or DLR service within Zone 1, you need to add
some PAYG balance to your Oyster card, and touch in and out as normal, the
system will determine the charge for the extension into or out of Zone 1
without you doing anything further.

Paul S