Old February 2nd 12, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oystercard zone extension

wrote:

On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:45:07 +0000
jedy wrote:
I have a zone 2-4 weekly oystercard and need to travel into zone 1,
possibly by bus. I cannot find anywhere any information regarding how I
pay for this, all I know is zone extensions no longer exist and the TFL
website is utterly useless with it's information. Can someone shed some
light?

If you're going by bus whats the problem? Just tap in in zone 2 and get
off
in zone 1. The bus driver isn't going to bother you and inspections are
pretty much non existent on the buses.

But there's absolutely no need to do anything illicit - any Travelcard,
regardless of what zones it covers, is valid on any TfL bus service across
Greater London (and in a few places a bit beyond the boundary too) - zones
on bus services were effectively abolished many years ago (something like
2002 or so).

Oh, and FWIW, I wouldn't characterise ticket inspections on buses as being
"pretty much non-existent".