Old February 4th 12, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default German fare dodgers cause headache for public transportoperators- The Guardian

On 04/02/2012 22:58, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
Hans-Joachim wrote

Although Germany is generally thought of as an obedient nation,

So Germany has a much lower crime rate than Britain? Or does it just
happen, that the writer couldn't be bothered to check facts?

Perhaps the German criminal are obedient to a different set of rules ?

But the kind of evidence for "obedience" I think of would be conduct
similar to someone's report from Canada of the good citizens waiting in
the snow for the green man before crossing the street in spite of the
complete lack of traffic.

Yup. I was in Mannheim (or was it Heidelberg?) last year, and some old
bloke was shouting "denken Sie an die Kinder" (or whatever) at anyone
who crossed when the road was clear rather than when the light was green.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK