Old February 21st 04, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Alistair Bell Alistair Bell is offline

Default Capital Travel cards

"Martin Bienwald" wrote in message
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
: Paul Terry typed
: Osiris Luxor:

: What are Capital Travel cards and were can I find some info on them

: Never heard of them.

: Me neither, but I'd *guess* that they're one of those cards available to
: foreign visitors.

Those I know as "Visitor Travelcard". However, I seem to recall that the
Travelcard scheme was indeed called "Capitalcard" when first introduced
more than 20 years ago.

And indeed, until the late eighties, there were indeed two products: one
called "Travelcard" that didn't give access to BR (i.e. what we'd now call
an "LT Card") and one called "Capitalcard" that did. The two were merged
under the Travelcard brand somewhere around 1989.

Methinks somebody is operating out of a really old London guidebook...