Old February 6th 12, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default First rule of politics: If your opponent has a great idea, copy it!

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 19:45:09 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 17:34:41 on
Mon, 6 Feb 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:
The Mayor has launched a proposal for further rail services to come
under TfL control.

http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor%E2%80...g-rail-service
s-london

The proposal centres on taking over the local "West Anglia" routes out
of Liverpool Street

Only those to Chingford, Enfield and Hertford East.

I did say "local" routes - I don't think anyone can reasonably say
Cambridge or Stansted are local to London.

The report says that the outer limit of stations aligns with the
Mayor's wider boundary.

I was looking
forward to Cambridge being in Zone 6 (with bargain fares as a result),
but this seems unlikely.

I guess you can dream but I can't imagine the good burghers of
Cambridge would want a London Mayor controlling their train services.

We did have a City Council leader once who thought the City should become a
London Borough. He thought it would bring the right mix of powers to the
council. As his deputy at the time, I'm not sure he was entirely serious
about it, though. :-)

--
Colin Rosenstiel