Old February 6th 12, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default First rule of politics: If your opponent has a great idea, copy it!

On Feb 6, 8:35*pm, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 20:00:00 on
Mon, 6 Feb 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:

The Mayor has launched a proposal for further rail services to come
under TfL control.

http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor%E2%80...ervices-london

The proposal centres on taking over the local "West Anglia" routes out
of Liverpool Street

Only those to Chingford, Enfield and Hertford East.

I did say "local" routes - I don't think anyone can reasonably say
Cambridge or Stansted are local to London.

I didn't catch on to the emphasis on *local* WA routes.

The report says that the outer limit of stations aligns with the
Mayor's wider boundary.

Roughly inside the M25 I suppose.

Greater London - I think Paul's phrase "the Mayor's wider boundary" is
potentially confusing - the GLA/Mayor have one boundary, and it's the
GL boundary. Of course arrangements can be made for TfL provided
services to run beyond the GL boundary - there's the Met line, and in
recent times London Overground beyond Hatch End up to Watford -
sensible arrangements could be made elsewhere.