Old February 7th 12, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default LU jobsworths

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 13:41:04 -0000
"michael adams" wrote:
As expected, the ticket machines wouldn't accept cash.

Perhaps I'm just an optimist but I had assumed they'd worked.

You're aware of a notice saying that the ticket office clerk
couldn't accept less than £5 for Oyster top ups.

Actually I wasn't until he pointed to the tiny notice because I hardly ever
top up using small amounts of cash at the ticket window.

You're also presumably aware of the fact that this applies to all Oyster
Top-Ups made at ticket offices however funded.

You presume wrong.

to yourself, you still decided leave the house with only £4.80 in
cash.

Well since I only need to make one journey and I had enough money I assumed
it would be quicker to pay by cash but Johnny Jobsworth had other ideas.
So he ended up causing what the rule he was following was designed to prevent.
I'm fairly sure the irony was lost on him however.

And this is somehow all LU's fault.

Not somehow, its precisely LU's fault - not having working machines and
instigating a stupid rule. If the rule was any top-ups under 5 quid must be
cash only then fair enough , but to ban ANY top-ups under 5 quid at the
window is just bureaucracy taken to adsurd limits.

B2003