Old February 7th 12, 05:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LU jobsworths

In article , d ()
wrote:

Need to use the tube today, didn't have enough money on the oyster but had
a few quid in my pocket - 4.80 to be precise. As usual ticket machines not
accepting cash so go to ticket window:

"Can I top up please"

"Sorry, miniumum 5 pounds only"

"It says thats to prevent queues ,there is no queue , only me"

"Sorry, management blah blah more than my jobs worth blah blah..."

So I pay by card which takes probably 10 times longer and by the time I've
finished there are 2 people waiting behind - ie a queue.

If there's a ****wits-R-Us job agency they must be making a mint on the
commision for getting their candidates work at LU. Utterly ****ing
unbelievable.

Why not use an Oyster Ticket Stop? You can top up any amount with them. I
always did it that way when I wanted receipts for my actual Oyster usage.

--
Colin Rosenstiel