Old February 7th 12, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default LU jobsworths

"Clive" wrote in message
In message , michael adams
writes
wrote in message ...
On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 13:41:04 -0000
"michael adams" wrote:
As expected, the ticket machines wouldn't accept cash.
Perhaps I'm just an optimist but I had assumed they'd worked.

Eh ? You just posted this -
"As usual ticket machines not accepting cash so go to ticket window:"
In an ideal world "everything would work", "everyone would agree
with everybody else". "there would be enough of everything
to go round", and everybody would be happy" blah blah blah.
But life's not like that, is it ?
In such circumstances, unless you're stony broke and have no choice
in the matter, going anywhere with just £4.80 in cash in your
pocket is just dumb.

Thank you. I rarely carry any more than £1 in cash and very often nothing at all.

If you very often carry no cash at all, why would you bother
carrying any at all, even £1's worth ? And where do you get this change
from ? Do you borrow it from the wife and kids, who presumably do
carry cash, just so as to carry the odd bit of change about.
Even though you have no actual need of it ?

michael adams

Clive