Old February 8th 12, 02:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default LU jobsworths

In message , michael adams
writes
If you very often carry no cash at all, why would you bother
carrying any at all, even £1's worth ? And where do you get this change
from ? Do you borrow it from the wife and kids, who presumably do
carry cash, just so as to carry the odd bit of change about.
Even though you have no actual need of it ?

I live in a small town that you've probably never heard of. Parking is
normally either on street with a parking disc, "Like a small cardboard
clock, you set it to the next complete quarter hour and put it in your
windscreen so the traffic wardens can see how long you've been there,
it's free for an hour". Alternately I'll park in a supermarket car
park if that is where I am going. It may surprise you, but they don't
charge either.
Sometimes if the weather is good I may go by bus, being retired, I have
a bus pass, again free. If I want to buy anything, although it's just
a small town, technology has got this far and I can use a Debit card in
every shop I use. I can even use it in Costa, but Morrissons is just
as good and less than half the price.
I do understand that Londoners rush around like headless chickens, in
the 60s I worked on the tube (on the trains, Northern then Central
lines) so I have personal experience. I have also been caught in a
traffic jam on the M25 at 05:55. I come down there now and again to
visit friends and a relative and so I also have an oyster card for use
there.
I wouldn't attempt to judge you, I don't know who you are or any of your
circumstances. Likewise, I think it foolish to judge anyone who's
means none of us have any way of knowing. Oh, before I forget, both my
children are adults with children of their own, if there is any
borrowing to be done it's by them from me.
--
Clive