Old February 8th 12, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default LU jobsworths

On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:32:46 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 09:38:38 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

Need to use the tube today, didn't have enough money on the oyster but had
a few quid in my pocket - 4.80 to be precise. As usual ticket machines not
accepting cash so go to ticket window:

Out of curiosity what station?

Hanger Lane.

When you say "ticket machines not accepting cash" as usual can you
clarify which sort of machine it was?

One of the large ones.

I'm slightly surprised that machines would be unable to accept coin
based cash but I'm not doubting you. From my albeit limited
experience machines usually go into exact money only mode or no notes.
Very rare for it to be no coin acceptance and still to be in service.

The coin slot was working but any coin you put in just came straight out again
into the tray. Perhaps I had a pocket full of counterfeit coins but I suspect
thats unlikely. And the little machine was off for maintenance or something.

B2003