Old February 8th 12, 08:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default LU jobsworths

In message , at 15:27:29 on Wed, 8
Feb 2012, Walter Briscoe remarked:
Find something in Tesco wrongly marked, pay for it, then take
it to the customer services, you'll get a full refund and keep the
product, that's how customer service should work.

Not in the UK this century.

My recent experience is different. At Waitrose, a couple of Saturday's
ago, I bought a French stick loaf, priced on the shelf at 0.99. The till
charged 1.39. I called the manager, pointed out the discrepancy and got
a free loaf to have with my soup.

I've had run-ins (documented in other bits of usenet) in the last six
months involving offers of the "any 3 for £5" kind not being recognised
at the till at both Morrisons and CoOp.

In both cases they 'honored' the deal (but no more), the CoOp with a
particularly bad grace, when they were definitely in the wrong.

Morrisons was a draw because on reading the small print, one was their
fault, but the other wasn't intended to be combined. I'll ask the
audience about the second: would you expect to be able to buy one
Pastrami and one roast beef from this same range of cooked meats, for a
total of £3?

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/two-for-three-quid.jpg