Old February 8th 12, 09:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default LU jobsworths

On Feb 8, 9:23*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]
I've had run-ins (documented in other bits of usenet) in the last six
months involving offers of the "any 3 for £5" kind not being recognised
at the till at both Morrisons and CoOp.

In both cases they 'honored' the deal (but no more), the CoOp with a
particularly bad grace, when they were definitely in the wrong.

Morrisons was a draw because on reading the small print, one was their
fault, but the other wasn't intended to be combined. I'll ask the
audience about the second: would you expect to be able to buy one
Pastrami and one roast beef from this same range of cooked meats, for a
total of £3?

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/two-for-three-quid.jpg

Not necessarily - the magic word I look for is "any" - i.e. "*any* 2
for £3" (rather than just "2 for £3") - without it, unless there's an
explanatory notice on the shelf that clarifies matters, I'm never
confident of whether the 'multibuy' offer actually encompasses more
than just one single product. And all too often it's not clear, I
find.

Other annoyances are out of date promotional notices (maybe not that
common), or ones that only cover a limited offer but are (mis)placed
near other similar products - e.g. a '2 for 1' offer that only covers
green pesto but isn't all that clear and is too close to the red
pesto. Another common one is the wrong product being restocked in a
shelf space, rendering the shelf price tags wrong.

All good reasons for drawing up one's guard on entering a supermarket
- they're out to get you! (Or rather your dosh.)