Old February 15th 12, 05:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Chaos at Paddington - continues ...

Paul Scott wrote on 15 February 2012
17:02:44 ...
wrote in message
...And there a\re no touch-in touch-out barriers
for platform 12 so CJB is right in one thing you can now ride the
Connect for free. Definitely a zero lose - lose situation for
everyone. SB.

Just like CJB then, you don't expect the pretty obvious barrier line you
walked past to be brought into service?
WTF is it there for if it isn't getting installed?

I'm not sure which barrier line you're talking about. There are some
unused gates near the buffer stops, but I don't see how they can be used
to control access to platforms 12-14 as the area needs to be available
to passengers heading for the taxi rank.

See map from the HEx website at
http://www.heathrowexpress.com/Image..._Cross_web.jpg

It really needs the buffer stops for platforms 11 & 12 moving down to
create a wider pedestrian route, if the current rolling stock can fit
into a shorter platform.
--
Richard J.